Saturday, October 17, 2015

Mystery Stamps Part One

Okay, so I have started writing this story and I want to know what y'all think!

"I shut my laptop lid and slid it in my bag. I checked my planner and knew instantly it was going to be a long day. Three presentations, two tests, a solo tryout for Orchestra, and freshman orientation for Ashton High, the school that was practically pulling me in by ropes. Literally, their mascot is the cowboys. At least I knew I could relax in english class. Mr. Brown was funny. I shut my planner and threw that into my bag with my binder and my books. It was the last week of school. I couldn't wait until June 1. It couldn't come any sooner. I ran down the oak hallway slipping and sliding with my socks in a frantic search for my Converse and to brush my rat's nest of hair. I tried the bathroom door, and my little brother , Luke yelled at me. but finally opened the door, and ran out of the bathroom. I put a clip in my hair and slid my Converse over my socks and ran for the bus.

A few days passed, and finally it was the last day of school. I got off the bus and checked the mail. There were bills for my mom and dad, a few magazines for my dad, a letter from Luke's friend in Jamaica, and lastly a big manilla envelope for me. Luke came in and I showed him his mail and I threw the rest on the table. I grabbed the manilla envelope and ran up into my room. I threw my bag on my bed and locked my door. I sat down on my rug and carefully opened the envelope. There was a piece of paper with a typed note. It said, "Hello, Sophie! This is a friend. I will not tell you who I am, but you need to come find me in a game of what I like to call Cat and Mouse. You must not tell anybody, and you must follow my path I am setting for you. If you follow these rules, and steps, you will be rewarded. If not, I will kill the closest person to you, your friend Beccah. I have her and her family hostage. I will give you a letter every three days. Here are your first steps.

1. Dye your hair brown with the enclosed bottle.
2. Wear your glasses, not your contacts.
3. Use the makeup at the bottom of your package to change your appearance
4. Get on Flight 44 at Seaway airport, it flies off at 10 tonight.
5. Once you arrive at your destination in the morning, go to June's Cafe. Wait there for Johnny. He will give you your next instructions"

My hands were shaking in fear. How did this person know all of this stuff about me? What should I do? Where is Beccah? I shook out the envelope to find a bottle of hair dye, some eye makeup and lipgloss, an airway ticket, and money. I counted it, and found 2,235 dollars. I went to the bathroom and put the dye on my beautiful blonde hair. I knew I had to do this for Beccah, whether or not I would get hurt in the process.


No comments:

Post a Comment